Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What are people thinking?

Okay, so I got married in November of 2007. I only dated my husband for less than 6months. But thats alright because I know that we are going to be together forever. How do I know this you ask? Well its the way he looks at me while im sleeping.. and the fact that he and I are different in so many ways, yet, we are very good at communicating. Now I am not saying that life is perfect, and we wont fight. (cuz trust me we fight..) But I do know that he is bound to lie to me about petty things, and im going to "forget" to tell me that I ate a cookie at lunch that should have been carrot sticks. But I love him and He loves me.
So here is the reason why I told you this. I only plan on getting married once. Because I believe that in this day of age people take marriage for granted, and just use it like they would a leaky facet. "Oh crap this sucks, lets get rid of it, and not fix it". Some friends of my husband and I are always fighting, and ones asking the other for a divorce. Now see they have been together for 7-8years.. had two kids then decided to get married.. Thats okay.. in my book, but they only got married because one of them begged too to do it. Not the one that begged wants out. Its funny.. The person wants to bail out of the marriage when money is tight, or when they are "not in love". in my book one can not just fall out of love over night, and fall back in by the next morning.
My thoughts are that one is cheating on the other, and only stays with the other for money, and of course for their children.. The other one is in denial and wants to believe that that the marriage is normal.
If my husband and I ever "fall out of love" then I am stuck.. Because it is a life long commitment, and people should now that you grow and the person your with today will not be the same person your with next year.. Just be ready for it.. And learn to grow together instead of apart!!!

2 comments:

Cristy said...

I though this story was appropriate for your posting...

CROCHET DOLL...

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe-box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe-box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it, he found t wo crocheted dolls and a stack of money totalling $95,000. He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, " my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll." The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness. Darling," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about al l of this money? Where did it come from?" "Oh," she said, "That's the m oney I made from selling the dolls."

A Prayer
Dear Lord, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods; Because Lord, if I pray for strength, I'll beat him to death. And I don't know how to crochet. Amen

Sara said...

Oh Bridget...did you have Mark and me in mind for some of this??? :)

It's no lie, we've had our ups and downs, and life has NOT been a picnic for either of us. We came close to getting divorced once (I know you remember), but out of everything we've been through, there comes a time when you have to stop and realize what's important to yourself, to your spouse, and for the relationship in general.

Mark is a good man! I would be lost without him and I finally know that. I hope that we never stop loving each other but like you said, people change over time. The person Mark is today, isn't the same person he was yesterday, and like wise. Who's to say that feelings will always stay the same? I feel stronger about him today, then I did the first 7 years we were together.

I pray that you and Eric will have a long, loving, and appreciative relationship with each other. Just make sure that you never go to bed mad at each other. :)